Wednesday, February 15, 2006

The Dublin California Cox family has had a busy 2005


I am 20 months old now and growing fast. I stay busy playing with Ma-ma & Ba-ba (Daddy in Chinese) in the mornings and sometimes visiting my friends at daycare. I love to play at the park as well. My favorite things at the park are the swings and the slides. Recently the park near my home was expanded and more new toys were added!
Ma-ma has had a busy and productive year as well. This fall alone she became a US citizen, changed jobs, spent a month with me visiting Taiwan and began taking courses to get her real-estate brokers license. Ma-ma’s new job is the same work she was doing as a real-estate loan officer, but her new office is much closer to home.


Ba-ba is now a senior captain at ExpressJet Airlines, the small jet feeder for Continental Airlines. They fly most of North America and have one type of plane, the Embraer 145, a 50 seat Jet. Although now Baba can get the schedules he wants he hope to interview with Southwest or Jet Blue in 2006. The rest of the big airlines probably won’t do any hiring for a few years yet. Ba-ba’s airline recently started Los Angles service and lately he has been doing the long overnights out there.
One of our highlights this year was an extended trip to Taiwan, the island country where Ma-ma was born and raised. Taiwan is a beautiful green island with tropical coastlines and volcanic mountains in the interior. Taiwan is a very modern country located between (and similar to) Japan and Hong Kong. The world’s tallest building, called the Taipei 101 was just finished last year. Ma-ma and Ba-ba visited the top floor and said the view was great! Ma-ma, Ba-ba, and I visit Taiwan regularly, but this time we had an extended stay for several weeks and were able to travel much of the island on 2 separate 4-day excursions planned out by Ma-ma’s parents and Uncle Vincent.
I am growing up so quick! Only 4 months away from my second birthday now! I am beginning to resemble a toddler more than a baby now, but I still like to be treated like a baby sometimes. I loves to dance and sing and will carry on a phone conversation in baby talk. I speak and understand both English and Chinese. My favorite food is strawberries from my backyard garden, and Mein-meim (Chinese for noodles). I travel often and am always excited to be out of the house. I love to ride on airplanes, trains, busses and escalators. I was able to get rides on these daily in Taiwan!
Ba-ba is an avid photographer (a photojournalism major in school) and has so many great photos of the family and our travels. I hope to get him to post some here on my Blog and on our family website at Annie-Chris.com. Currently the website has not seen an update in some time. Partly due to the untimely death of Ba-ba’s laptop computer. A new one has just arrived and I hope see new stuff up very soon.
Ma-ma, Ba-ba and I still live in our house in Dublin, California, located in the San Francisco bay region. We are 30 minutes away from all 3 bay area airports, San Francisco, Oakland, and San Jose, and the BART rapid transit train runs within a mile of our house. We have lots of room for guests and family is always welcome.

Love,

Sabrina Anne Cox

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sabrina,
Thank your daddy for doing such a wonderful job on your blog page. I'm very impressed. It is great to see his college education going to some good use. We are looking forward to some pictures of St Patrick's Day events in Dublin.
See you there,
Love,
Grandmother